Like fashion, website design is constantly changing trends and styles that come and go. When it comes to creating a website that gives a professional impression, you’ll do well to keep it fresh and within trends. After all, when you go to an interview, do not you want to see your best?
Looking for great web designs?
Visit Our Home Page
If your answer is “Yes, of course!” Then there are five web design tips to remember:
- Do Some Ground Reconnaissance
If you are reading this blog, you are already on the right path. But you can take your research one step further and start looking at websites with a specific purpose: find out what you like about them and what does not.
Take some notes of what you would like to emulate on your site. Do you think that a long scroll page would work well with your website? Maybe you admire the approach that someone has used to develop their contact page. It can be something as small as imitating the use of an arrow icon that points to an important message.
2. Use the visual hierarchy
Visual hierarchy, can you repeat it to me? It’s a term that means that our eyes pay attention in the web space to a particular pattern – a pattern that can help you optimize the critical content on your site. For example, if you create a “Register now” button, you may want as many people as possible to click on it and continue through the registration process.
3. Make your text easy to read
The text is important. It is there to provide information and answer questions even before you have done them. With this said: do not make your readers have to squint their eyes to read it. There are some basic rules that you can stick to that will make you and your content cleared.
- Make sure your colors coordinate. For example: putting colored text on a white background will perhaps give the visitors of your site a headache, make them give up and maybe abandon it. None of these results are desirable – so make sure you check that all the text is easy to read.
- Do not use a tiny font size. While it may seem cute, and just like in relationships, with the look is not enough. Make sure your readers do not need a magnifying glass to understand your message.
- Keep your sources. Your website can not have more than three sources – maximum two could be even better. For the extra points, make sure that the sources you choose are easy to read and do not let your visitors wonder if they are learning Sanskrit.
4. Get The Most Out Of The Mobile Version Of Your Site
What good is a professional looking website if it is not professional looking on mobile devices? In today’s world, you’re welcome. Do not despair! The Wix website builder comes fully equipped with an intuitive mobile editor and is ready to be used to its full potential.
Make changes that keep all the above tips in mind and switch between the editor and the preview version so you can see the changes put into action. After all, you do not want to miss potential site visitors/ users/customers just because they are on the subway and away from a computer, right?