August 14, 2023
Surely you have heard the term outsourcing on more than one occasion. The best way to understand its meaning is to refer to its definition:
Outsourcing is the process by which a company identifies a segment of its business model that could be performed more efficiently by another company contracted to develop that task. »
With this description, a more familiar concept comes to mind, such as subcontracting, outsourcing, or even outsourcing (as used in Latin America).
- To reduce our responsibilities.
- To expand our services.
- To explore new business areas.
- To grow as a company.
Depending on the type of company and its sector, there are some arguments in favor of outsourcing.
What can we outsource in digital marketing?
- Management of social networks.
- Content creation.
- Positioning in Google.
- Analysis of results.
Advantages of outsourcing
- Savings/profitability: Outsourcing helps to control our investment and to be able to modify it based on its profitability. We can propose a phased plan by which we only go from one to another if we have reached profitability.
- Professionalism: To obtain the best result from subcontracting, we must look for the most professional company that offers us the most competitive service. The usual thing will be to choose between many offers and options.
- Specialization: Our vendor will be more experienced in the solution he provides us than we are, and consequently, his work will undoubtedly have a far better result. It would certainly be unfeasible if we needed to concentrate on all the markets that a business covers.
- Flexibility: The financial investment in outsourcing will be as versatile as the company allows. Although there are minimal agreement durations, we can end our contract whenever possible.
- Focus: Subcontracting services in which we are not specialists will allow us to focus and focus on what we are good at and what is essential to our business. In this way, our work will be more efficient.
- Digitization: We constantly hear about digitization, which often seems complicated or inaccessible to us. Outsourcing will allow us to join this movement that is so present today, and that will improve our company.
- Growth: If we can expand and improve our services, our company will grow. In digital marketing, the help of other companies will allow us to define our strategy, bet on the most exciting channels for our business and expand our community of followers.
- Company image in third hands, therefore we must have complete confidence in the provider we hire.
- Loss of data or information. The data of all the actions, access codes, and vital information cannot be solely in the hands of the provider.
- The complicated transition between companies. In some cases, these times can be extended, and it is essential to be clear about how the company change will be in the services we provide.
- Bad experience. In general, a bad experience can make us underestimate outsourcing. This is a risk to which we are all exposed, but one that we can minimize if we take the appropriate precautions (for example, not hiring the company that offers the lowest quote).